commons-user mailing list archives

From Andrew ...@starfishzone.com>
Subject Re: Commons Net: FTPClient from Tomcat
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 23:50:51 GMT
Jacob,

>I don't get any security errors, it just must be blocking the ability for
>the remote server to gain a port back to us.  The socket is created, and if
>I manually do things related to the SocketServer.accept() -> Socket, I end
>up getting timeouts.
Can you run a basic Socket test in a code fragment within a JSP
and then the same code fragment on a command line java class and compare?

>Again, this only happens when deployed on Tomcat, from Eclipse, this works
>fine.  Do you think I need to modify the Catalina.policy file?

Most certainly, my hunch is this is where you should look.
Having said that, I have applications that do outbound connections (e.g.
database, port 80, port 25, rmi) from various versions of Tomcat with no
problems.  Perhaps you have got a locked down installation of Tomcat