commons-user mailing list archives

From Stewart Cambridge <stewart.cambri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [validator] Validating ALL fields
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:20:19 GMT
Thank you for the tip Niall.
I'm not sure if the "extends" Validator is right for me, as what I'm doing is:
I have an ArrayList of beans (using your LazyValidatorForm) and the
beans are implmenting an interface I called "DynamicallyValidatable"
which declares one method: getValidationRuleName() which returns a
"depends" String of validation rules, and then I have a custom
validation method which calls this, retrieves the appropriate
ValidationAction object from the framework and invokes it.

What I would like to see is the stopOnFirstError="false" struts plugin
setting a property in the validator as well as on the javascript. I
may just do this myself, but it won't be before November...

Stewart

PS Do you think "dynamic validation" of indexed properties is a
feature that would be wanted by more than just myself?