commons-user mailing list archives

From Wynand <wol...@gmail.com>
Subject HttpClient 3.0 - Tunneled HTTPS connections through HTTP proxies
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 12:30:24 GMT
Hi All,
 I've just started using the commons httpclient 3.0 rc4. It works just as
expected, except for connecting to a HTTPS site through a HTTP proxy
(Squid/2.4.STABLE6).
I have tried the the example as per the SSL guide, but to no avail; I get
the following error :
 2005/10/18 13:28:19:234 CAT [DEBUG] HttpMethodDirector - The server
www.verisign.com <http://www.verisign.com/> failed to respond <
org.apache.commons.httpclient.NoHttpResponseException: The server
www.verisign.com <http://www.verisign.com/> failed to respond>
org.apache.commons.httpclient.NoHttpResponseException: The server
www.verisign.com <http://www.verisign.com/> failed to respond
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.readStatusLine (
HttpMethodBase.java:1835)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.readResponse(
HttpMethodBase.java:1590)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java
:995)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.ConnectMethod.execute (ConnectMethod.java
:144)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeConnect(
HttpMethodDirector.java:487)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(
HttpMethodDirector.java :388)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(
HttpMethodDirector.java:170)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java
:396)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod (HttpClient.java
:324)
at com.wolman.webagent.TestCase.simplestTest(TestCase.java:43)
at com.wolman.webagent.TestCase.main(TestCase.java:21)
 Just to clarify here is the example i used :
 HttpClient httpclient = new HttpClient();
httpclient.getHostConfiguration().setProxy("myproxyhost", 8080);
httpclient.getState().setProxyCredentials("my-proxy-realm", " myproxyhost",
new UsernamePasswordCredentials("my-proxy-username", "my-proxy-password"));
GetMethod httpget = new GetMethod("*https://www.verisign.com/*");
httpclient.executeMethod(httpget);
System.out.println(httpget.getStatusLine().toString());
 It works fine if I change the *https* to *http* in the url. Can someone
please confirm that this example is indeed working or if I'm missing
something
 Thanks alot