commons-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Smith" <nat...@labpro2000.com>
Subject Re: [DBCP] HIGH PRIORITY. Code changes to make sure connections are closed.
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 22:31:20 GMT
Hi Dave,

I have been wondering whether it's worth while or not carrying on using
DBCP. There are many outstanding bugs and hardly any active development
on it. One release a year just doesn't cut it for me.

I would suggest the Tomcat team also use something other than DBCP,
cause it makes them look bad when the database side of things doesn't
work. People start blaming the Tomcat when it isn't there problem at all.

Cheers.