commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [VFS] Problems with URI Password containing '%'
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 18:38:57 GMT
manco wrote:
> "smb://DOMAIN;user:password@server.edu/share"
>
> Can't explain why ";" worked at all,
> was that ever supposed to work?

No, not from the point of VFS.
But one of jcifs authentication method automatically splitted the
username into domain/username using the ";" character.
When I had to change the smb authentication (to allow any character for
the password) I implemented the domain detection by using the "\" as
delimiter.
I have to admit, the time I made this change I wasnt aware that jcifs
already uses the ";" for this.

> Is there an update Jar Dependency list for the latest
> release of VFS?
Your dependency list is correct
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/vfs/download.html), though you can
use any newer version of the used libraries as long as they are binary
compatibel.
jsch isnt - and the httpclient/webdav combination is very sensitive, so
you better stick on them as long as I havent had the time to have a look
at it.

> Also, is VFS fully out of the Sandbox, some links
> still show sandbox in them.

Sure. Which links did you mean?

---
Mario