commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [VFS] Problems with URI Password containing '%'
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2005 05:53:31 GMT
manco wrote:
>  Looks like '%' is a special
> escape char so now I have to figure out how to escape
> it.

The smb testcase use the password "vfs/%\te:st" for its tests.

The uri:
smb://HOME\vfsusr:vfs%2f%25\te:st@10.0.1.54/vfsusr/vfstest

As you might see, it uses %25 as replacement for % and it works.

If possible you should use the latest version of VFS.

> 1. If there is a way to get around the % char what is
>    it?

Hmmm. Depending on your use-case you might try to set the password
through jcifs client properties. See:
http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/api/overview-summary.html#scp
> 2. Is there a set of Special Chars that Can't be used?

The latest VFS should allow you any character. (at least % encoded)

---
Mario