commons-user mailing list archives

From Nuno Martins <nuno.mart...@multicert.com>
Subject [httpclient] certificate error
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 08:29:59 GMT
Hi all,

My application throws this exception while trying to do a https POST
with http client?

The server certificate is already in the keystore.

Can anybody explains to me what this exception means?

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: Certificate chaining error
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: Certificate chaining error
       at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.BaseSSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA12275)
       at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA12275)
       at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA12275)
       at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SunJSSE_az.a(DashoA12275)
       at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SunJSSE_az.a(DashoA12275)
       at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SunJSSE_ax.a(DashoA12275)
       at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA12275)
       at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.j(DashoA12275)
       at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA12275)
       at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppOutputStream.write(DashoA12275)
       at
java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:66)
       at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:124)
       at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.flushRequestOutputStream(HttpConnection.java:827)

       at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequest(HttpMethodBase.java:1915)

       at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java:997)

       at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:382)

       at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:168)

       at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:393)
       at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:324)
       at
com.multicert.components.httpclient.method.impl.jakarta.HttpPostMethodImplJakarta.execute(HttpPostMethodImplJakarta.java:191)

Reguards,
Nuno