commons-user mailing list archives

From Kurt Guenther <>
Subject Re: logging: more then one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2005 15:04:36 GMT

Here's the deal.  I can't explain it, but this is what's happening:

In org/apache/commons/logging/impl/ around line #360
is the method getLogConstructor():

However, this is returning false:

which doesn't seem right.   Then checks interfaces and indeeed,
org.apache.commons.logging.Log is an interface of
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger, so I get the exception:

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class
loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.

It almost seems like a JDK error, but I couldn't find any open bugs on

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message