commons-user mailing list archives

From Kurt Guenther <ku...@serent.com>
Subject Re: logging: more then one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2005 15:04:36 GMT

Here's the deal.  I can't explain it, but this is what's happening:

In org/apache/commons/logging/impl/LogFactoryImpl.java around line #360
is the method getLogConstructor():

    logClassName=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger
    logInterface=org.apache.commons.logging.Log

However, this is returning false:

    logInterface.isAssignableFrom(logClassName)

which doesn't seem right.   Then checks interfaces and indeeed,
org.apache.commons.logging.Log is an interface of
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger, so I get the exception:

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class
loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.

It almost seems like a JDK error, but I couldn't find any open bugs on
this.

--Kurt