commons-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [betwixt] Problem loading a Bean in Betwixt
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:06:54 GMT
> Tom, I also tried without the mapping file, it doesn really need one now.
> Thank you for your idea though. But I do have a question for you , now since
> this seems to be "Working" as per my wish, could you provide me (if you have
> some) live examples on Derived Beans, because what I am eventually trying to
> do is get the output from PerpectiveResponse Bean depending upon the type of
> Object passed to it.
>
> For now I was passing the Person object so I got the XML for Person, but if
> I wanted to pass some other object I would want to see the XML for that
> Object, which in terms of Betwixt is (I suppose) called as Derived Beans
> !!!!
>
> Would you put some of your thoughts on how can I achieve this in a Betwixt
> standard way ...

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Per default, Betwixt can work with
any bean you give it, whether there is a mapping for it or not. For
Betwixt being able to read them from XML, you however need to register
the class at the BeanReader (or there is an entry in the mapping file
for it). For writing the objects, this is not necessary, but you can
always define an entry for the class in the mapping file.

Tom