commons-user mailing list archives

From Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Sei...@seimet.de>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] Callback when accepting a cookie?
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:49:08 GMT
Hello Oleg,

> The recommend way to customize the cookie management with HttpClient is
> to provide a custom cookie policy or extend an existing one [1].
>
> However, if the existing plug-in mechanism does not fully cover your
> requirements, feel free to file an enhancement request in Bugzilla. We
> can consider such an extension for inclusion into the 3.1 release

The current functionality is probably sufficient for my purpose, but I
am not sure how to best implement what I need. My guess is that in order
for my application to be called back when a cookie is accepted I would have
to extend the BROWSER_COMPATIBILITY cookie policy, because this is the one
I am currently using in my application.
What I do not see, though, is the relationship between the cookie policy
string, which is set with setCookiePolicy(), and the class implementing
the CookieSpec interface. Overriding the validate() call of this class is
what I think I need, but which of the CookieSpec implementation would I
inherit from?
Can you give me some advice? Thank you.

Best regards,  Uwe