commons-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Priblouda <kpriblo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [betwixt] Problem loading a Bean in Betwixt
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:57:17 GMT

--- Sameer Nanda <sam504u@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yah I agree with you, just went through the 2min
> quick tutorial, its good.
> But again its a problem bcos I am using Hibernate
> for mapping my tables with
> Beans and unfortunately Hibernate does need
> getters/setters .....

You are not quite correct on this.   Almost every
property mapping  in hibernate suports nice
parameter:
access="field|method" - you can easily guess what it
does mean.

So for example you can force hibernate to work with
your  collection field,  and return wrapped
unmodifiable collection from getter.
( or have accessors which do not follow  JavaBean
naming conditions )
<avertising>
And f you were using doclet 2,  this setting would
depend on placement of your xdoclet tags
</advertising>

XStream just does not care about your getters seters -

it takes everything that is not marked as transient.

> So, for my purpose right now I would stick to
> Betwixt, but would definetly
> remember about XStream in the near future for simple
> serialize/de-serialize
> !!!!

If Betwixt is not as configurable as you like,
you have always an option to go for commons-digester
( it works behind the scenes anyway - betwixt is nicer
frontend to it )

regards,

----[ Konstantin Pribluda http://www.pribluda.de ]----------------
Still using XDoclet 1.x?  XDoclet 2 is released and of production quality.
check it out: http://xdoclet.codehaus.org