commons-user mailing list archives

From Don Seiler <...@seiler.us>
Subject [chain] point-in-chain restarting?
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:48:38 GMT
Using commons-chain to replace an old old old shell script system that
my company had been using.  One of the features of it is the ability to
restart a crashed chain at the command that it crashed in.

It would dump the sh environment to a file, that would be reloaded on
restart.  I'm assuming since ContextBase is serializable this would be
pretty easy and standard step.  Included in that ContextBase would need
to be the Command that it was on when the Chain exited.

Has anyone implemented anything like this?  I just thought I'd ask
before I try to invent any wheels for myself.
--
Don Seiler
don@seiler.us

Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFC87F041
Fingerprint: 0B56 50D5 E91E 4D4C 83B7  207C 76AC 5DA2 FC87 F041