commons-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Priblouda <kpriblo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [betwixt] Problem loading a Bean in Betwixt
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 18:42:45 GMT

--- Thomas Dudziak <tomdzk@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think that this is proxy issue, after all
> there is no proxy
> involved in the stracktrace (usually this would be
> shown with a proxy$
> entry) :

It's not a proxy you get wirt normal reflection...
It's bytecode engineered one... So no $proxy class
at all...  ( After all, you can not proxy real class
with standart reflection )

> Betwixt calls toString on a SessionStatisticsImpl
> object which somehow
> fails as it internally calls keySet on a IdentityMap
> which doesn't
> support this method for some reason. Since I have no
> knowledge of
> Hibernate, I can only guess how this IdentityMap is
> supposed to work,
> but judging by the stacktrace, it does not implement
> the keySet method
> which it signals by an
> UnsupportedOperationException.
> But I wonder why Betwixt accesses this
> SessionStatisticsImpl object in
> the first place. I mean, it does not sound like a
> business object, so
> perhaps you should hide it via the mapping - define
> a class mapping
> for the business class in question and avoid
> addDefault in it.

Because this hibernate invocation proxy exposed some
of its internals in a ways betwixt could get hold on
it via reflection...

Such strange things started to happen ( IMHO ) after
hibernate 3  was out - for example you can get ITE
out of ANY getter of your class...

regards,

----[ Konstantin Pribluda http://www.pribluda.de ]----------------
Still using XDoclet 1.x?  XDoclet 2 is released and of production quality.
check it out: http://xdoclet.codehaus.org