commons-user mailing list archives

From manco <megust...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] Problems with URI Password containing '%'
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 17:57:29 GMT
Mario,

Thanks for the update.
It looks like I had used the wrong URI format shown:

"smb://DOMAIN;user:password@server.edu/share"

which uses a ";" to separate DOMAIN from user.
This some how effected the escape sequence in the
password.  I got this format from a previous thread
See included msg from Mark Shifman from
earlier thread. Can't explain why ";" worked at all,
was that ever supposed to work?

I have taken your advise to update my VFS, we are
currently running on a pre-release version. Which I
built back in May 05.

Is there an update Jar Dependency list for the latest
release of VFS? I followed your link to JCIFS and
see they are now upto <jcifs-1.2.6 released>
The current VFS (sandbox?) list suggests:

commons-collections-3.1.jar
commons-compress-20040530.jar
commons-httpclient-2.0.jar
commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
jcifs-0.8.3.jar
webdavlib-2.0.jar
Jakarta ORO  Version 2.0.8
Jakarta Slide  Version 2.0.
JSch  Version 0.1.14 or later.

Also, is VFS fully out of the Sandbox, some links
still show sandbox in them.

Thanks for you help,
Manco

INCLUDED old thread:
On 11.07.2005, at 20:34, Mark Shifman wrote:

> Hi:
> I just downloaded commons-vfs-1.0-RC2 today and was
trying to get
> data from an smb share.
>
> using:
> FileSystemManager fsManager = VFS.getManager();
> FileObject smbFile = fsManager.resolveFile( "smb://
> theUser:thePassword@theServer.yu.yale.edu:445/ms79"
);
> (names and password changed)

  "smb://DOMAIN;user:password@server.edu/share"

and

  "smb://user:password@server.edu/share"

Works for us.

We are running a slightly before RC2 trunk
version. So I cannot really make a statement
though.

cheers
--
Torsten