commons-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] Callback when accepting a cookie?
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2005 22:12:09 GMT
On Sun, 2005-10-23 at 18:28 +0200, Uwe Seimet wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Is there any way for an application using the HttpClient package to be
> called back whenever a new cookie is accepted? I did not find anything
> in the API, but maybe I just missed it.
> If not I would consider it a useful extension for upcoming releases.
>
> Best regards,  Uwe

Uwe,

The recommend way to customize the cookie management with HttpClient is
to provide a custom cookie policy or extend an existing one [1].

However, if the existing plug-in mechanism does not fully cover your
requirements, feel free to file an enhancement request in Bugzilla. We
can consider such an extension for inclusion into the 3.1 release

Oleg

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/cookies.html