commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Logging] Using FOP in JBoss
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 05:09:09 GMT
On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 12:10 +0100, Chris Bowditch wrote:
> I'm trying to deploy an application based on the new FOP into a
> Application Server JBoss. JBoss and FOP both use Commons Logging. The
> messages generated by FOP are sent to the same log instance created by
> JBoss. However, I want to send messages for FOP to an alternative Log
> instance. What is the best way to achieve this?
>
> Any suggestions will be appreciated.

For normal containers, simply bundling commons-logging.jar in your
webapp's WEB-INF/lib dir will achieve this. However jboss do some very
weird things with their classloading in general, and further hacks for
their commons-logging integration.

I recommend that you consult the documentation at the jboss site for
this; I believe they have the necessary steps to configure jboss like
this quite well documented.

Regards,

Simon