commons-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vfs] filecontent
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 15:07:52 GMT

>> Is there someway on vfs to create a
>> "content provider" for files with extension jpg.
>>

> There is already a contribution waiting which extends VFS with a
> "service provider".
> That way you should be able to implement e.g. a ExifService
> You can get access to it with
>
> ExifService exif = (ExifService) fileObject.getService
> (ExifService.class);
> int width = exif.getWidth();
>
> (or simmilar)

Hmm... I don't like the name "service" in this context.

What about "view"? You provide a special view on the content.
Although "view" somehow implies read-only ...and it would be
really cool if that "view" would be writable as well.

...maybe a bit more abstract - what about "aspect" ?

My 2 cents
--
Torsten