commons-user mailing list archives

From "Guillermo Vasconcelos" <gvasconce...@baufest.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] Deleting read only files
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 20:39:29 GMT
To clarify my previous question:
The files I need to delete are in a Windows file system and I have owner
permission to the folder, so I have the necessary permissions to delete
them. The problem is that in some cases the files attributes are set to
read-only and delete() throws an exception.
Thanks

----- Original Message -----
From: "Guillermo Vasconcelos" <gvasconcelos@baufest.com>
To: <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 5:27 PM
Subject: [VFS] Deleting read only files

Hi,
I have been using an older version of VFS for a while, and had implemented a
"forcedDelete()" method in AbstractFileObject that skipped the isWriteable()
checking in deleteSelf() to allow "unconditional" deletion.
Now I need to upgrade to a newer version and I would like to avoid modifying
VFS source again.
Is there an "official" way of deleting read only files?
Thanks