commons-user mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Classloading regression between commons-digester-1.0 and later versions
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 22:44:17 GMT
Hi Jan :-),

On 9/29/05, Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe@sun.com> wrote:

> Can someone explain to me the motivation for setting the
> "useContextClassLoader" property to FALSE by default?

The motivation was this -- in a J2SE (now, Java SE) application, there may
not be a thread context class loader at all, or it might have completely
different semantics than what the EE specs require for a servlet container's
thread context class loader. It seemed safer to avoid potential class

Craig