commons-user mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: MultiMap?
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:31:59 GMT
Achim Westermann <a.westermann@alkacon.com> writes:

>Hi list users,

>As a newbie to commons collection I am searching for a MultiMap: A Map with add (another
value to
>key) and set (replace all old values for key) operations that allows mapping multiple
values to a
>single key.
>I just found a map with multiple keys for identical values...  A I blind?

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/collections/apidocs-COLLECTIONS_3_1/org/apache/commons/collections/MultiMap.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/collections/apidocs-COLLECTIONS_3_1/org/apache/commons/collections/MultiHashMap.html

A MultiMap is a Map with slightly different semantics. Putting a value
into the map will add the value to a Collection at that key. Getting a
value will return a Collection, holding all the values put to that
key.

	Best regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42