commons-user mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Commons-Email -- not J2EE 1.3?
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 06:38:03 GMT
"Asleson, Ryan" <asleson@BIWORLDWIDE.com> writes:

>------_=_NextPart_001_01C5B313.D15644AC

>Hello,

>I just tried using Commons-Email RC5 on WebLogic 8.1. When
>using the Email.addTo method, I receive a NoSuchMethodError.

> It appears that the Email class is attempting to use
> InternetAddress.validate() , which is part of J2EE 1.4, not 1.3.
> Since I'm using WebLogic 8.1, which is only J2EE 1.3, it looks like
> I'm stuck.

> Is there any way around this?

Is it possible for you to deploy the javamail-1.3.x with your
application? The method call that you've mentioned is part of the
1.2 -> 1.3 enhancements listed on
http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/JavaMail-1.3-changes.txt

I've used commons-email in its development stages (and before as part
of Turbine) on a number of JDKs in the 1.3-1.4.2 range and it worked
everywhere. I'd think that if you deploy the javamail jar together
with your application, this should work.

	Regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42