commons-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Schildbach <andr...@schildbach.de>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] Issue with multipart/form-data and request parameters in include
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 11:22:28 GMT
Martin Cooper wrote:

>>1. GET: "value1 hello world value2"
>>2. POST (default enctype): "value1 hello world value2"
>
> These are the only two combinations for which the container is required to
> make parameters available. See SectionSRV.4.1.1 of the Servlet 2.3 spec.

Thanks for this pointer! I have Servlet 2.4 spec available, but I guess
it did not change much in this respect.

The important part is contained in SRV.4.1: "Data from the query string
and the post body are aggregated into the request parameter set. [...]"

However, the container is not restricted to these two combinations. It
could extend the aggregation behaviour to any parameter encoding it
likes. I would go so far and assert that if the spec would someday be
extended to enctype="multipart/form-data", the above aggregation rule
would apply to this combination, too.

Regards,

Andreas