commons-user mailing list archives

From Wim Deblauwe <wim.debla...@gmail.com>
Subject [betwixt] Specify a certain class in a betwixt file
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 08:08:29 GMT
Hi,

is it possible to specify a certain type of class in you betwixt file that
the introspector should use?

I'm having problems with a class that returns a certain type of object. This
object implements the comparable interface also. The introspector treats
this object as a comparable and not as the real object. What I would like to
do is this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<info>
<element name="luminanceRange">
<element name="minimum" property="minimum" class="com.blabla.MyClass"/>
<element name="maximum" property="maximum" class="com.blabla.MyClass"/>
</element>
</info>

The extremely strange thing is that the minimum property is serialized
correctly (as MyClass, even without any betwixt file) and the maximum is not
(it is seen as a comparable) although they are the properties of the same
class! I'm currently trying to reproduce this problem in a simple testcase,
but no luck so far.

regards,

Wim