commons-user mailing list archives

From Mashama McFarlane <mash...@gmail.com>
Subject HttpServletRequest processing
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 03:08:59 GMT
I need some help. I am working with file uploads. The ideal file uploads
will be large enough to justify a file upload progress indicator. I am
trying to figure out the easiest way of doing this, but it is much more
complicated than I originally thought. It would be nice if somebody out
there can prove me wrong on that point. I know that if I can monitor the
request as it comes into the servlet container, then I can extract out the
content-length and then everything else is a matter of counting bytes, but
where and how do I do this. This cannot happen in the servlet as, I am
assuming, the whole request has been received in its entirity prior the
servlet servicing the request. So where on the totem pole need I be. Please
advise.