commons-user mailing list archives

From "DuFault, Bill J (PLC, IT)" <Bill.DuFa...@thehartford.com>
Subject [Configuration] Use Configuration as a singleton?
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:39:20 GMT
I'd like to make a Configuration object accessible as a singleton.  There was an entry on this
topic in the archives from 4/2004 which stated that you could use a Configuration object in
a singleton, but you would have to synchronize it yourself.  Is this still true?

I'm taking the approach that since you are dealing with a Configuration *interface* that you
can't know the implementation details and therefore can't know if it is threadsafe.  With
that in mind, I've written a SynchronizedConfiguration wrapper, but I haven't tested its performance
yet.  Is there an existing, project-recommended way that I could achieve the same thing?

Thanks,
Bill

destroy all copies.