commons-user mailing list archives

From "Charles Crouch" <charles_cro...@hotmail.com>
Subject [validator] results with multiple validation actions bug?
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2005 18:46:17 GMT
Hi
Just wanted to check whether some behaviour I'm seeing relating to having
multiple validation actions on a field is a bug or not.

I've set up a form with the following field...

  <field property="lastName" depends="required,int">
       <arg key="nameForm.lastname.displayname"/>
  </field>

I then set the 'lastName' property on the bean I'm validating to...

	12345678

and then do...

ValidatorResults results = validator.validate();
ValidatorResult lastNameResult = results.getValidatorResult("lastName");

I find that both of the following return true...

lastNameResult.containsAction("int");
lastNameResult.isValid("int");

but the following both return false...

lastNameResult.isValid("required");
lastNameResult.containsAction("required");

Is the fact that I'm getting false here a bug?

Thanks
Charles