commons-user mailing list archives

From Bindul Bhowmik <bindulbhow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NTLM authentication - how to get domain and host.
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 22:10:13 GMT
Hi Alexander,

You could try gettting the value from the USERDOMAIN system property. But if
a user has logged on locally, or if the host against which you are trying to
authenticate is on a different domain than what the user is logging into,
your authentication might fail. This will work in Windows only, and will not
work for non-NT versions (Windows 98, ME, etc.)

Regards,
Bindul