commons-user mailing list archives

From "Schuett, Thomas \(EXT\)" <>
Subject URLInputStream("jar:file:/Z:/some/where.jar!/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF") ???
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 16:17:25 GMT

even if i wasn't expecting the constructor "File(URI)", it is existant.
But then again
   new File(new
   java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI is not hierarchical

I am a bit irritated about that. It looks like it looks behind the first
":", doesn't find
a "/" there, and concludes, that the file is not absolute :-(

Then I found your VFS project, but aren't much more happy yet:

In the docu it says for jar file systems:
   URI Format
   jar:// arch-file-uri[! absolute-path]
So, after a "jar" there must directly follow a "://".
But the example a few lines below says:
This is a dissarcord, isn't it?

But o.k., skip the docu and look into the API:
There is a JarFileSystem, but only with the constructor
   JarFileSystem(FileName rootName, FileObject file, FileSystemOptions
Well, this is a bit to complicated for what I am looking for.
I would expect something I can instantiate just by giving a URI (or
actually by a URL!)
and get a InputStream. (And of course actually I would expect it in the
basic java language.)

Am I am wanting too much?
Hopefully I am just looking in the wrong corners.

Thanks for any answers,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message