commons-user mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject Commons Config: Cannot locate configuration
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:49:18 GMT
Hi,

I am just getting started with Commons Configuration. I've been able to get the initial configuration
file detected which contains

<configuration>
  <properties fileName="classes/pack/age/to/anotherconfig.xml" />
</configuration>

However, the fileName here fails
org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException: Cannot locate configuration source
classes/pack/age/to/anotherconfig.xml
at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractFileConfiguration.load(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:183)
at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractFileConfiguration.load(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:166)

I read in the docs that fileName would be read relatively to the main config file, which for
me is in my web application /WEB-INF/config.xml and I use getRealPath in my context listener
to load it on application startup.

Can anyone suggest how I can get my files within the main config.xml found?

Cheers, Allistair.

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474