commons-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <>
Subject Re: [daemon] Getting started with procrun
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 03:59:21 GMT
At 09:10 PM 9/14/2005 -0400, you wrote:
 >I spent an all-nighter recently figuring out the correct parameters to pass
 >to Tomcat5.exe to bring Tomcat up from a custom installer.
 >Now I'm trying to use procrun to wrap my own class as a service.  I don't
 >seem to get as far as my main() being called - there's logging there (dumb
 >logging to a file and yes I closed it) that never gets hit when I try and
 >start the service.
 >Does anyone have a REALLY simple working example of a class and the command
 >line to wrap it?
 >Yes, I realize that Tomcat is a working example.  But I said REALLY simple

Do you use the Tomcat installer to install Tomcat or just unzip and install
the service using service.bat in the CATALINA_HOME/bin directory?  That's
the way I always do it and it service.bat is relatively simple.  Not a 1
liner, but what do you expect?  It provides a pretty good primer on how to
set the options for procrun.  If that's not what you are looking for, I
don't know what is?

 >To unsubscribe, e-mail:
 >For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: