commons-user mailing list archives

From Kurt Guenther <ku...@serent.com>
Subject logging: more then one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 18:22:30 GMT
I'm using 1.0.4 of commons-logging.

I'm getting this error from the LogFactory.getLog() method.  It complains about:

    [junit] Caused by:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class
loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.

But, I've checked the classpath very carefully and the only
'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' is in the common-logging.jar file and
there's only one of these.   I even tried the "javap -classpath
list:of:paths  org.apache.commons.logging.Log" trick.   There's
definitely a copy in the classpath and when I remove the commons-logging
jar, the class is no longer defined.

The real kicker is this only occurs when I'm using the swing UI of Junit.  If I use the Text
UI or use the Junit Eclipse plug-in, it works perfectly fine.

Could there be something about the swing UI class loader that's creating problems?

--Kurt