commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject [VFS] Re: Is there a VFS API to manage connections to the underlying provider (at in interface level) e.g. in FileSystemManager interface
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 07:11:52 GMT
srimant misra wrote:

>However, the main thread hangs when this is executed. Unless the Session object instance
provided by the SFTP provider (JCraft in this case) is disconnected, a thread blocking on
a socket read does not allow the main thread to exit.

But the question is: WHY do it hang?

>Unless VFS provides an API at the interface level in order to access the provider instance,
it will not be possible to close the session. Though APIs are available, but we will probably
need it the FileSystemManager interface.

Thoughts are to provide a Progress and Cancellation API. Maybe we are
able to manage to cancel such connections then.

---
Mario