commons-user mailing list archives

From Andrei Polushin <a-polus...@yandex.ru>
Subject Re: MultiMap?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:20:15 GMT
Achim,

The classes in 2nd-level packages (like in
org.apache.commons.collections.map) are 'decorators'. They are not
interfaces (like MultiMap), and not self-contained implementations (like
MultiHashMap). Most decorators are actually exposed as methods of
MapUtils class, so an ordinary user does not need to worry about
2nd-level packages at all, just import org.apache.commons.collections.*
to get MultiMap, MultiHashMap, MapUtils and almost 98.3% of the
functionality of commons-collections.

Probably, these 2nd-level packages should be documented separately, to
avoid confusion.

--
Andrei Polushin