commons-user mailing list archives

From Brian Cook <bc...@printtime.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [FileUpload] Issue with multipart/form-data and request parameters in include]
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 23:05:16 GMT

You answered your own question.

 > Why shouldn't they? Forms can have redundant parts that can be
 > eliminated by using includes just as pages without forms.

Because as you said ...

 > The target page can be target of many different operations and
 > has not got a clue how it will be requested
 > (POST/GET, see above).

Any time you start to make fragments dynamic you will start to run into
situations where they will work for some pages but not others.

 > Believe me, I would really like to standardize on one POST/GET option.
 > But neither can I switch <a href's/> .....

So do not use <a> tags.  Just use forms.

Bottom line what you are wanting to do is not going to work with any of
the file upload pages available.