commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [VFS] FTPClientWrapper Broken Pipe
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 17:02:24 GMT
Hi!
>Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

Do you know why this happens? Some sort of ftp timeout?

>        catch (IOException ie)
>        {
>            disconnect();
>            throw ie;
>        }

I ask as maybe we should retry the operation here too?

>Normally isConnected() should fail then, but it seems that it still returns true
isConnected() in ftp.java is a logical operation if the connection
"should be" established, not a physical check.
There is also a socketIsConnected which tries to check if the
connections is really alive but it works only with jdk1.4 and up.

Which jdk do you use?
If its 1.4 or up, which commons-net version do you use?

---
Mario