commons-user mailing list archives

From "Dr. Michael Lipp" <Michael.L...@danet.de>
Subject Re: [jelly] Where are the taglibs
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 07:18:47 GMT
Kees van Dieren wrote:
> The tutorial advices to build jelly from source.

Mmh, but the jelly 1.0 source doesn't include the "additional" tag
libraries neither...

> In the menu a download link for each tag library itself, is available
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jelly/libs/sql/downloads.html

This is true for "sql", it is not e.g. for "jsl" and "xml" (I didn't
check every library).

I don't know if you are a member of the jelly project team, but some
prominent hints in the documentation would really help. I have
eventually resorted to checking out the commons-jelly-1.0 branch from
SVN and compiled the libraries I need, but not everybody will make the
effort. And this is a pity because I think Jelly comes in handy for
various XML related tasks.

Regards

    Michael