commons-user mailing list archives

From "Pitts, Nathan" <Nathan.Pi...@vignette.com>
Subject DIGESTER -- how to handle embedded HTML
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 00:55:08 GMT
Hi all,

I have a question that I'm sure is very simple, but I haven't seen any
docs on it.  This is my first time using digester.  Let's say I have an
XML document (which is generated so I don't have control of it) that may
include HTML inside the XML elements.  Sometimes the HTML is not xml
compliant - like using a <p> without a </p>....Currently, my I am
getting null values for that element, although the other elements
(without embedded HTML) work fine.

Example:

<book>

            <title>This is a book</title>

            <summary>This book is good.<p>This book has embedded HTML
inside the summary.<p>

</book>

Does this mean I need to come up with a dtd that lists summary contents
as CDATA?

Tia,

-nathan