commons-user mailing list archives

From "Knezevic, Mihael" <m.kneze...@porta.de>
Subject RE: [net] FTPFile getTimeStamp() method
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 09:15:55 GMT
a quote from the java docs of the FTPClient class

<quote>
public FTPFile[] listFiles() throws IOException

Using the default system autodetect mechanism, obtain a list of file information for the current
working directory.

This information is obtained through the LIST command. The contents of the returned array
is determined by the FTPFileEntryParser used.
</quote>

so it depends of the ftpfileentryparser and the ftp server you are using.

the class FTPTimestampParser (method parseTimestamp) is used to set the timestamp in the FTPFile
object.

i hope it helps.

mk