commons-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [httpclient] controlling the output?
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:39:40 GMT
On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 06:06:12PM -0400, Andy Kriger wrote:
> I'm submitting a multipart form post and the server is rejecting it
> (because of "corrupt form data"). Not sure what that means but I'm
> trying to get the output from httpclient to look exactly like some
> output that I know works (generated with Firefox, the actual form and
> the LiveHTTPHeaders plugin). One thing I see in the httpclient logs is
> that each part has a Content-Type and Content-Transfer-Encoding (which
> the Firefox output does not).
>
> I'd like to suppress these from being sent - is there a way I can do
> this? If not, can anyone suggest where I'd start in the source code to
> do this

Andy,

This problem is not uncommon. Many CGI scripts out there have been
written to work with IE only, and IE does not quite follow the spec with
regards to setting the correct content type and transfer encoding
attributes.

To work the problem around simply set FilePart#setContentType() and
FilePart#setTransferEncoding() to null

Hope this helps

Oleg

(just a quick and dirty solution - if that ends up working,