commons-user mailing list archives

From David Graham <grahamdavid1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [commons-dbutils] DBUtils.close and threading issues.
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2005 00:58:38 GMT
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbutils/xref/org/apache/commons/dbutils/DbUtils.html

DbUtils.close() is thread safe because it does not modify any shared
resources in the DbUtils class.  Your usage of DbUtils.close() may not be
thread safe though.

I doubt the problem has anything to do with thread safety.  I'm not sure
about SQL Server but, in Oracle, deadlocks (aka. blocked locks) occur when
two processes try to update the same rows at the same time.

David

--- Muhammad Mansoor <muhammad.mansoor@amzxs.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently we are load testing our application, we are using
> common-dbutils  QueryRunner to handle database realated activity from
> SQL Server. Some how when we load test the application using 15+ User.
> Following messages are shown instack trace :
>
> ---------
> XX was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been
> chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.
> ---------
>

> My question is that is commons-dbutils's DBUtils.close() methods are
> thread safe or not. I hand looked at the API Documentation, will be
> looking at it soon. But if someone car reply me a quick one ???.
>
> Thanks!

Get Firefox!
http://www.mozilla.org/firefox/