commons-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Viljoen <svilj...@polard.com>
Subject Silent socket creation failure on NT/XP JVM - no exceptions?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 09:43:08 GMT
Hi

I have found that it seems as if the FTP storeFile function fails due to a
socket creation failure for the FTP data socket on the "official" Windows JVM
(J2RE1_4_2_05), but not under the "official" Linux JVM, where everything
works fine. No exceptions are raised in the Windows JVM, and the failure on
the Windows JVM is silent, the function simply keeps returning false for any
call to it under Windows, and no file is uploaded to the FTP server.

Perusal of the commons.net FTP source seems to indicate that a false result
from storeFile is due to socket creation failure.

Where can I start looking to fix this socket-creation failure on Windows?

Thanks...
--
Stefan Viljoen
Software Support Technician / Programmer

Mobile: (+27) 83 4060854
Tel: (+27) 18 297 1753
Fax: (+27) 18 290 5556
http://polard.com