commons-user mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <>
Subject Re: [BeanUtils] Handling array creation?
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 19:27:34 GMT
> The problem is the indexed setter, it confuses the BeanUtils class,
> probably because it (in contrast to PropertyUtils) tries to convert
> the value to the type expected by the setter method. Since you know
> the target type already, you could use PropertyUtils instead.

Could you explain how it "confuses" it?  Is it maybe just a matter of not
having both setters (that doesn't seem right to me, but who knows??  I
don't!)  In reality I won't always know the type of the array being set,
it's only in this specific test case that I do, hence the reason Niall
provided the code like this.

> Tom

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: