commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [betwixt] Cannot make collections work
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:53:46 GMT
On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 11:07 +0200, Holger Haag wrote:
<snip>
> Hello Robert,
>
> thank you very much for the information and your time. I actually have
> the same problems with maps and lists, so maybe the map example was not
> the best choice.
>
> The problem remains pretty much the same:
>
> I am trying to serialize and deserialize a List (generic ArrayList<>)
> using betwixt (version 0.6). Serialization (Converting the bean to XML)
> works fine but  deserialization does not. The map is always empty. To
> isolate the problems I have created a unit test which should succeed but
> ... fails.

sorry for misleading you before: it appears that the tiger generics work
fine (at least on my machine) without any further work.

could you retry with the latest code from HEAD?

either roll your own - which is very easy with maven
(http://maven.apache,org) and svn (see
http://www.apache.org/dev/svn-anon.html,
http://www.apache.org/dev/svn-faq.html and http://svnbook.red-bean.com/)
- or download a recent nightly