commons-user mailing list archives

From "Asleson, Ryan" <asle...@BIWORLDWIDE.com>
Subject Commons-Email -- not J2EE 1.3?
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 18:50:14 GMT

Hello,

I just tried using Commons-Email RC5 on WebLogic 8.1. When using the Email.addTo method, I
receive a NoSuchMethodError.

It appears that the Email class is attempting to use InternetAddress.validate(), which is
part of J2EE 1.4, not 1.3.  Since I'm using WebLogic 8.1, which is only J2EE 1.3, it looks
like I'm stuck.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks!

This e-mail message is being sent solely for use by the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
 If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by phone or reply by e-mail,
delete the original message and destroy all copies. Thank you.