commons-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Schildbach <andr...@schildbach.de>
Subject [FileUpload] Issue with multipart/form-data and request parameters in include
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:40:48 GMT
Hi everyone,

I've got an issue with FileUpload 1.0:

I've got a form that posts with enctype="multipart/form-data". The
Controller decodes the request using FileUpload and forwards to a JSP,
which includes another resource with a parameter
("resource.jsp?param=value").

So, basically, there are form parameters in the body (encoded) AND there
are parameters in the URL as in a GET request.

Unfortunately, this "param" URL parameter is discarded, which is kind of
understandable, because FileUpload expects the parameters of the still
multipart/form-data request encoded in the request body.

However, with the default enctype for method="post" I can do that. I
don't know what the Servlet spec says on this topic. But could you maybe
also "map through" all parameters that are specified in the URL?
Basically, allow access to all parameters that are available in the
request, with body parameters taking precedence?

Regards,

Andreas