commons-user mailing list archives

From Chris Cheshire <cheshira...@gmail.com>
Subject [net] FTPClient.listFiles() throwing jakarta.oro....MalformedPatternException
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:32:13 GMT
Hi,

I am using commons-net-1.4.0.jar and when I connect to an FTP site and
use FTPClient.listNames() it returns the names as a string list quite
happily, but when I use FTPClient.listFiles() it first throws the
following and then continues on. This exception is not documented
(that I could see) in the API specification.

org/apache/oro/text/regex/MalformedPatternException
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.parser.DefaultFTPFileEntryParserFactory.createUnixFTPEntryParser(DefaultFTPFileEntryParserFactory.java:169)
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.parser.DefaultFTPFileEntryParserFactory.createFileEntryParser(DefaultFTPFileEntryParserFactory.java:94)
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.initiateListParsing(FTPClient.java:2358)
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.listFiles(FTPClient.java:2141)
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.listFiles(FTPClient.java:2188)

Once I found the oro package and added it to the classpath I never saw
anything more about the exception. Why does this get thrown?

What other packages does commons-net rely on that I should obtain?

Thanks

Chris