commons-user mailing list archives

From Dion Gillard <dion.gill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commons - [email] Help
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 23:48:30 GMT
Whether the mail server you're sending to fails on a bad user
immediately or not, depends entirely on the mail server.

As far as the actual underlying communications go, commons-email is
simply propagating up what the mail server is telling it.

Its quite likely that the other services aren't sending the email
'real time' when you press Send, but instead are relaying them off via
a local server, and it's that local server that's generating the
delivery failed message.

On 8/29/05, Sravan Duggaraju <saaan.di@gmail.com> wrote:
> Allan, to put my question in simple way, I want my email application
> should work just like others(yahoo,hotmail...).for example in yahoo or
> hotmail if you try to send a mail to a wrong email address it doesn't
> inform you immediately...later you'll see "delivery failed" message in
> your inbox.Infact this is happening for me but only in case if i send
> the mail to different domain
>
> thanks
> San
>

> On 8/29/05, Flatoff Allan <Allan.Flatoff@sentry.com> wrote:
> > Hmm. . .
> >
> > Couldn't you just catch the SendFailedException and generate your own
> > "mail delivery failure" message
> > To the sender?  Sounds like this is how you want it to behave.
> >
> > --Allan

disclose or use the information contained in it.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
please tell us immediately by return e-mail to Email.Control@sentry.com and delete the document.

policy. You may report employee violations by forwarding the message to Email.Control@sentry.com.

> > No recipient may use the information in this e-mail in violation of any civil or
criminal statute. Sentry disclaims all liability for any unauthorized uses of this e-mail
or its contents.

> > This e-mail constitutes neither an offer nor an acceptance of any offer. No contract
may be entered into by a Sentry employee without express approval from an authorized Sentry
manager.

> > Warning: Computer viruses can be transmitted via e-mail. Sentry accepts no liability
or responsibility for any damage caused by any virus transmitted with this e-mail.

Bernard Shaw