commons-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Sheffey <AShef...@dtcc.com>
Subject Re: Commons Validator problem
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:54:46 GMT
You probably don't need to specify all the other stuff in the field. Based
on what I have done with mask, do something like

<field property="username" depends="required,minlength">
        <arg key="username"/>
        <var><var-name>minlength</var-name><var-value>6</var-value></var>
</field>

David Duff <david.duff@planetzorbo.co.uk>
08/24/2005 11:43 AM
Please respond to
"Jakarta Commons Users List" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>

commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
cc

Subject
Commons Validator problem

Hi,

I am trying to specify a min. length for a user name field in my
application.

In my validatior.xml I have specified:

|<field property="username" depends="required,minlength">
    <arg key="user.username" position="0"/>
    <arg name="minlength" key="${var:minlength}" resource="false" ||
position="1"||/>
    <var><var-name>minlength</var-name><var-value>6</var-value></var>
</field>

In my validator-rules.xml I have:

<validator
        name="minlength"
classname="com.company.product.controller.validator.CustomValidator"
        method="validateMinLength"
        methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                      org.apache.commons.validator.Field"
        msg="errors.min"/>

In my custom validator I have my validateMinLength() method.

I would expect the two arguments (user.username and minlength) to get
picked up but it only picks up the first argument even though ||I can
see the two args in the field object||.  When I remove the name
attribute from arg, it will then pick up the second argument but look
for the key in the resource even although resource is set to false.

I am using commons-validator-1.1.4.jar|

Thanks in advance.
David