commons-user mailing list archives

From "Pramodh Peddi" <ppe...@IMPRIVATA.com>
Subject RE: [dbcp] Performance decrease woth common-dbcp
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 20:59:32 GMT
Hi,
Does any one think using JNDI, instead of programmatic creation of
BasicDataSource, will give me better performance?

Thanks.

Pramodh.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pramodh Peddi
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 4:48 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List; bcook@printtime.com
Subject: RE: [dbcp] Performance decrease woth common-dbcp

Thanks for the response Brain. Actually I am caching the BasicDataSource
object in memory as a static variable once I create the BasicDataSource
and reusing the object next time onwards.

I can give one more useful information of the set-up I have in my
product. We have a load test harness (we do no use winrunner/loadrunner,
it's our custom load harness) testing the performance of the product.
This load test harness fires pounds on the server by firing around 800
requests/min. around 60% of the connections are creating with almost NO
time consumption, but remaining 40% of the connections take 1, 2,
3,.....upto 12 seconds for creation. I believe this is where performance
of the product is getting down.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated,

Pramodh.