commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] Can I get the unique ID for current TagScript
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:54:31 GMT
Jiaqi,

Why do you need a new context every-time ?
Why not set to null (that is erase) all the variables you know are
created ?

Do I understand currently that you wish that tags were cached just
like... it's happening in jelly 1.0 if you keep the thread and
context...
We've been discussing this on commons-dev recently and the default is
now, back, to not cache, that is, to re-create the tag object at each
start-of-run of the tag-script. This can be changed in
JellyContext.setCacheTags(true)...

However, there's nothing with parent contexts in this caching scenario
currently and, as I understand, this is what you would wish, correct ?
That is, you'd wish that tag-caching only happens at root context...
I fear you'll have to adapt TagScript for this yourself.

But as this is our current discussion I would invite you to make this
adaptation in the following way: your tags have a special way to
request caching, namely, they want it at the parent-context (or
root-context?)... so they should be flagged as such. I would suggest to
make an interface such as ReusableTagsForRootContext and let
TagScript's tag-caching routines filter on that.

hope that helps.

paul

PS: the keys to the tag-caches are... the script-objects themselves...
no verbatim id down here... we never thought about such...